In 1974 Joane Goulding developed the Goulding Method. Professional training was established in 1979 and she travelled extensively around the world sharing her knowledge at international conferences, training professional consultants and trainers.
Joane is an engaging, passionate and experienced professional psychotherapist and speaker. She loved sharing the Goulding Method with as many as she possibly could. She travelled throughout the world, explaining the Goulding Method to parents, families, psychologists, psychiatrists, general practitioners and professionals from many allied health fields.
A published author with qualifications in Psycho-nutrition, Training, Assessment and Education, Supervision and Clinical Hypnotherapy, Joane’s speaking and training commitments enable her to share the safe process. It establishes a sense of emotional intelligence, loving attachment and acceptance for our future generations.
Although retired from professional and international training in 2019, Joane is currently a consultant to the Hypnotherapy Council of Australia (HCA) and is recognized as one of Australia’s experts.
Joane now offers mentorship to Goulding Method parents, consultants and trainers and is the sponsor of the Goulding Consultants and Trainers International Register.
Current and past professional memberships include:
- 2015 International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Association (IMDHA)
- 2015 International Association of Counselling Therapists (IACT)
- 2012 The Executive Council. (ASCH)
- 2011 Consultant to the Executive Committee (HCA)
- 2011 Hypnotherapist Emeritus Member (PCHA)
- 2011 Life & Professional Clinical Member. (AACHP)
- 2011 Life & Professional Clinical Member. (ASCH)
- 2011 Chair – Member: Education Board – Executive Council (CCH)
- 2011 Chair – Member: Ethics Board – Executive Council (CCH)
- 2011 International Hypnosis Federation (IHF)
- 2009 National Guide of Hypnotherapists. (NGH)
- 2008 Life Member: Australian Society of Clinical Hypnotherapists. (ASCH)
- 2005 Foundation Life Member: Council of Clinical Hypnotherapists (CCH)
- 1999 Publisher Member: The Copyright Agency Limited.
- 1998 Fellowship: Australian Society of Clinical Hypnotherapists. (ASCH)
- 1998 TAFE Frontier – Tender Assessment Panel.
- 1994 Complementary Health Users’ Group.
- 1994 Australian Institute of Trainers & Developers (AITD)
- 1992 International Academy of Nutrition (IAN)
- 1991 Complementary Medicine Association. (CMA)
- 1991 Orthomolecular Medical Association. (OMA)
- 1989 Australia Traditional Medicine Society. (ATMS)
- 1980 Australian Society of Clinical Hypnotherapists (ASCH)
Professional awards include:
- 2016 The International Hall of Fame Award. IACT / IMDHA.
- 2011 PCHA: Hypnotherapist Emeritus Award. In recognition of her outstanding contribution to the acceptance of hypnotherapy, the setting of hypnotherapy standards, the developing and teaching of hypnotherapists and continuous guidance to the profession.
- 2011 International Hypnosis Federation – USA. Chairman’s Award.
- 2011 CCH: In Recognition of Outstanding Lifetime Contribution to the Profession of Clinical Hypnotherapy.
- 2011 AACHP: In Recognition of Exemplary Service and Contribution to the profession
- 2008 Honorary Life Membership, Australian Society of Clinical Hypnotherapists (for extensive, valued service to ASCH, and advancement of Clinical Hypnotherapy)
- 2006 & 2008 Certificate of Appreciation. In recognition and appreciation of outstanding service to the profession of Clinical Hypnotherapy in Australia.
- 2006 Life Membership, Council of Clinical Hypnotherapists.
- 1998 Fellowship, Australian Society of Clinical Hypnotherapists (for contribution to the science of hypnosis, and for key leadership in lobbying the Victorian Government to make changes to the Victorian Psychological Practices Act.)
- 1997 Certificate of Recognition, National Innovative Training & Development Awards, Australian Institute of Training and Development.
- 1997 Recognition of Exemplary Innovation (for valued contribution to the national Innovation in Training and Development award, setting a benchmark in the area of T & D resource development. Australian Institute of Training and Development (Vic)