Joane has a wealth of knowledge and is extremely caring and supportive. I cannot thank her enough for her work and can’t wait to see how this journey continues to unfold. I have become very aware of discussing any medical or negative conversations about my child out of his hearing. Everything goes into the computer – negative and positive!
- 8yr old son has become more even tempered and happier in himself. The good days far outweigh the bad. He isn’t so controlling and grumpy.
- School refusal is lessening.
- My son is becoming a capable advocate for himself with his learning needs and quirks.
- We have gone from using Melatonin every night to sparingly.
- He is continuing a strengthened bond with his mum who had PND and some connection issues with her son in early years.
- He is more affectionate and calmer.
We are still working on negative self-image (from learning challenges at school) but can feel this shift starting.
- A cheeky fun sense of humour is emerging.
Adding additional behaviour modification: Choices and Consequences: C&C
- My son is very out of control with his world and tries to control his world so much it affects our family environment dramatically.
- Applying choices and consequences (C&C) has gradually eased the power battles and led to a much more balanced family dynamic.
- Explosive behaviour is less.
- C&C is the only choice and this is becoming known for my son so it is lessening the arguments because he is feeling he is the one making the final decision.
- C&C has given me insight to some self-reflection and personal growth.
- I don’t feel like my life is a constant negotiation 24/7 with my child.
- The wording is very important with C&C, it took me a while to get right, and I am so thankful for the support of Joane who gave me the skills and precise wording for results. The wording is important. It now comes much more natural to me through the coaching and support of Joane.
Goulding Method: Benefits
- It is a longer process with Foundation work.
- Spikes of getting worse before getting better, however totally worth it
- It sometimes is a process of one step forward two steps back.
- Have no time limits on the process, it unfolds when it does. You need patience.
- Support is crucial for a reminder of sometimes small wins is big wins, and how they all add up to massive gains in the long term.
- I have noticed when I really put a lot of love and positive energy in my voice when conducting the process; it is like it sinks in more.
- We have more noticeable changes the next day or a leap.